FAQ's for 2017-2018 Season
WHEN ARE TRYOUTS?
Tryouts for the 2017-2018 club season are scheduled for the following dates:
Sunday, October 29, 2017 (Malvern Prep Dougherty Gym 418 S. Warren Ave. Malvern, PA)
Supplemental try out: Monday October 30th (Malvern Prep Dougherty Gym, 418 S. Warren Ave, Malvern, PA)
U13 & U14 7:30-9:00pm
Still looking for a few more players for our U16 team. If you are looking to play, contact us by clicking here: TEVA
Sunday, November 12, 2017 (Malvern Prep Dougherty Gym, 418 S. Warren Ave, Malvern, PA)
U17 & U18 5-7pm
Supplemental try out: Monday November 13th (Malvern Prep, 418 S. Warren Ave, Malvern, PA 19312)
U15/ U16/ U17 6:30pm-8pm
IS THERE A FEE FOR TRYING OUT?
Yes, if you resister online the fee is $25/player (plus $1.05 processing fee). If you register at the try out the fee is $35/player.
One fee covers both dates.
Online registration available on our Try outs page.
DO I HAVE TO REGISTER WITH THE KRVA TO TRY OUT FOR CLUB VOLLEYBALL?
Yes, each player must register with KRVA before attending volleyball tryouts. The initial registration fee is $15 and covers all try outs for any club. If you commit to a team you will need to upgrade this try out membership to a full membership at that time.The KRVA full membership fee is $55, you register online and this a fee directly mandated through the KRVA. Please bring your KRVA number/membership card with you to tryouts. You must have your membership to try out at any club.
Here are links to renew or get a new membership with KRVA. There is also a link for the KRVA medical form you will need to have for open gyms and try outs.
Renewed KRVA membership (click on this link if you are renewing your KRVA membership)
New KRVA membership (never had a membership) click on the following link: New KRVA membership
Current 2017-2018 KRVA medical form filled out to turn in.
- All bordering regions of KRVA (GEVA, CHRVA, OVR, IREVA, WEVA) are now online with USA Volleyballs Webpoint registration system. For purposes of TRYOUTS, we are accepting those region's USAV current membership cards.
- If such a player accepts an offer from our club, they must ask for a release from their region and then must register in KRVA after the region has been changed.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD MY DAUGHTER BRING TO TRYOUTS?
Please be sure to bring your volleyball sneakers, knee pads, ankle/knee braces, inhalers, and/or other medical devices needed, water or gatorade, KRVA medical release form and a copy of your KRVA membership card.
IF MY DAUGHTER DOES NOT MAKE A CLUB TEAM, WILL I RECEIVE MY KRVA REGISTRATION FEE BACK?
There are no refunds for KRVA memberships. You would start off with the $15 try out membership and once you commit to a club you will need to upgrade your try out membership to a full membership and pay the difference.
WHEN WILL WE FIND OUT IF MY DAUGHTER MADE A TEAM? AND HOW WILL I BE CONTACTED?
Offers may be extended via email to the parents on the first day of tryouts or anytime thereafter. The club will contact the player’s parent(s)/guardian(s) to extend an offer to play on the team via email.
WHEN DO I HAVE TO CONFIRM IF MY DAUGHTER WILL BE PLAYING FOR TOTAL EVOLUTION VOLLEYBALL ACADEMY?
Per KRVA rules: After an offer is made, it must remain open for 4 [four] days. All offers must remain open for the 4 [four] full days. You should not feel pressured to accept any offer before the end of those four days. Clubs may not resind an offer until 4 [four] full days have expired. You should not accept any verbal offers. All official offers are required to be made via email to the parents or guardians of the player.
Once a junior player has accepted an offer from a club, they will remain committed to that club and may not withdraw their acceptance from that club for any reason. Club directors/coaches/team reps may not offer/approach, via any media, a junior player or their family who has committed to another club.
PLEASE NOTE: Once an offer is accepted, the parent MUST send an email to the club director (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND CC: the KRVA at email@example.com, stating their acceptance of and commitment to the club.
WHERE WILL PRACTICES BE HELD?
- Malvern Prep School, (Malvern Prep, 418 S. Warren Ave, Malvern, PA 19312)
- Conestoga High School (200 Irish Rd., Berwyn, PA 193120)
- Practice days/times are listed below. Most practices will be held at Malvern Prep, occasionally we will practice at Conestoga HS.
- Once teams are set, all practices and tournaments will be listed on Team Snap (our communications site)
HOW OFTEN DOES EACH TEAM PRACTICE?
Teams will practice 2x/week. One practice will be on Sunday afternoon and one on either Tuesday or Wednesday evening.
PRACTICE SCHEDULE: TBA
First Flight Sunday 12-2pm Wednesday 6:30-8pm
12 Gold Sunday 12-2pm Tuesday 6:30-8pm
13 Gold Sunday 2-4pm Tuesday 6:30-8pm
14 Gold Sunday 2-4pm Wednesday 6:30-8pm
15 Gold Sunday 6-8pm Tuesday 8-9:30pm
16 Gold Sunday 4-6 Tuesday 8-9:30pm
17 Gold Sunday 4-6pm Wednesday 8-9:30pm
HOW MUCH IS THE CLUB FEE?
2016-2017 TEVA Club Fees:
12 Gold - $975
13 Gold - $1550
14 Gold - $1550
15 Gold - $2050
16 Gold - $2050
17 Gold - $2050
18 Gold - $2050
WHAT DOES THE CLUB FEE INCLUDE?
The fee includes the following:
- U13-18 receive full uniform kit: 3 UA jerseys, 2 pairs spandex or combo of shorts & spandex
- U12 receive 2 UA jerseys, 2 pairs of spandex or shorts
- UA Warm-up jacket and warm-up pants
- UA Practice jersey
- Practice facilities
- Equipment (standards, nets, balls, etc)
- Tournament Entry Fees
- Coaches' compensation (apparel / travel expenses / nominal salary)
- Gyms fees for practice
- KRVA & AAU team and coaches' registration fees
- Hudl Subscription for all teams
HOW MANY TOURNAMENTS WILL EACH TEAM BE ATTENDING?
- 12's - 3 regional tournaments + Club Champs (4 total)
- 13-14 gold - 1-2 multi-day tournaments and 6-7 regional + Club Champs (8 total)
- 15-18 gold - 3-4 multi-day tournaments and 5-6 regional + Club Champs (9 total)
- Multi-day (national) tournaments may include: MLK (in MD), The Capital Classic (in DC), Irish Rumble, NEQ, Spring Fling, Club Challenge or others
- Regional tournaments are defined as being located within 1 to 2 hours of Philadelphia - i.e. York, Lancaster, Poconos, New Jersey, Delaware etc.
HOW LONG WILL THE SEASON LAST?
Practices will start Nov 28th and tournaments will begin in Jan and finish at the KRVA Club Championships in May. We will not practice during the December holidays so families can enjoy their time off together.
DOES THE CLUB FEE INCLUDE TRAVEL EXPENSES TO ATTEND THE REGIONAL AND/OR OVERNIGHT TOURNAMENTS?
NO, the club fee does NOT include travel expenses for the players and/or their families. This means that the club fee DOES NOT include transportation, tolls, hotel expenses, parking fees, entry fees for parents/spectators into the tournament, food, and/or water, among other expenses (if applicable).
IS THERE ANY WAY TO REDUCE THE FEE?
If you have any financial hardships which would prohibit you from playing club, please contact the director to discuss options for TEVA.
Additionally, when attending overnight tournaments, girls/parents can share a room to reduce the cost.
IS THERE ANY WAY THE FEE WILL INCREASE?
If a respective team decides collectively they would like to attend additional tournaments (regional or overnight) - this will increase the fee. If a decision can not be reached by the team as a whole, the club director will make the final decision.